Q.I.T.E. is one of the largest providers of employment services in the region. Q.I.T.E. employs over 75 people and has offices in Mareeba, Atherton, Cairns, Innisfail, Ravenshoe, Tully and Mossman.
As a not-for-profit organisation, Q.I.T.E. is able to be innovative & proactive in terms of developing & delivering different servicing models and social community enterprises providing benefits to our communities.
- Jobactive contract through the Dept of Employment
- DES Disability Employment Services
- Harvest Labour Services contract
- Labour Hire Services (for a fee)
- Passenger Transport Services
Q.I.T.E.'s Quality Management System is accredited to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standard and we are a JAS-ANZ Certified Organisation.
Q.I.T.E. celebrating 30 years | 1987 - 2017
Board of Directors:
Chairman - Peter Apel
Peter holds a degree in Commerce and Law and is the owner of Apels Solicitors and Notary, the longest established legal practice in Mareeba.
He is a past president of the North Queensland Law Association and the Wildlife Conservancy of Tropical Queensland. Peter has been on the Q.I.T.E. Board for 19 years and is committed to the ongoing success of Q.I.T.E.
Vice Chairman - Tito Srhoj
Treasurer & Secretary - David Clifton
Board Committee Members
- Angela Musumeci
- Joann Pyne
- Margie Bestmann
Senior Executive Team:
Jillian Trout - General Manager
Jillian has led Q.I.T.E. in the GM role since February 2015 and is responsible for the strategic & operational performance of Q.I.T.E. ensuring resources are utilised effectively to achieve the goals & objectives set by the Board, client requirements and in accordance with the Strategic plan. Prior to the GM appointment, Jillian successfully carried out the Q.I.T.E. Executive Officer role for over 5 years and has been with Q.I.T.E. for over 15 years..
Alita is responsible for monitoring contractual performance, compliance, developing & delivering staff training and upskilling on ES Deed and contractual requirements and has been in the industry for over 15 years.
Julie is operationally responsible for the performance and outcomes of the Q.I.T.E. jobactive, Harvest Labour Services & Labour Hire sites across Cairns, Innisfail and the Tablelands. Julie has been with Q.I.T.E. since July 2013.
Strategic Areas & Goals
Q.I.T.E. Innovate RAP Reconciliation Action Plan 2016-2018
Q.I.T.E. was proud to launch our inaugural Reconciliation Action Plan in May 2013, and our team is working towards the commitments made under the Plan.
We value your privacy!
QITE manages personal information, the collection, use and disclosure of, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 - Australian Privacy Principles (APP).
QITE will only collect, use and disclose personal information for the purposes for which it is given to us and these purposes will always relate to our activities and as a contracted employment service provider for the Commonwealth Government.
For further information about QITE Privacy please contact QITE Privacy Officer on 1800 354 414 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the links below to download annual reports:
A career with Q.I.T.E.
Our most valuable resource is our people, which is why we work hard to attract, develop and retain our team of experienced, dedicated staff and be an 'employer of choice'.
To do this, we:
- provide a healthy, supportive work environment
- work with each team member to help them reach their full potential through mentoring and professional development programs
- recognise work/life balance is essential for the well being of our staff and our organisation
- our team is provided with excellent working conditions including RDO's (monthly rostered days off) and an extra week per year for annual leave
- provide salary packaging services
Seeking Expressions of Interest for Employment Consultants
QITE is looking for talented dedicated persons who share our passion for making a difference in people’s lives. We are seeking expressions of interest for Employment Consultants across our 5 sites located in Cairns, Innisfail, Atherton, Mareeba & Yarrabah.
Applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain and meet monthly targets/KPIs
- Demonstrate the ability to learn the contractual requirements, efficiently and accurately as detailed in the Quality Management System and within the guidelines of the Job Services Australia Deed.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to provide support to assist clients and employers to maintain on-going employment.
- Demonstrate high quality administration skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrate the ability to be able to problem solve and find creative ‘out of the box’ solutions
Applicant must possess the follow:
- Good intuition and understanding of people's qualities
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people
How to Apply
Submit a covering letter responding to the above criteria, include your resume and preferred location for work. You can either post your application or email it to us.
- PO Box 188, MAREEBA QLD 4880 or
- Email it to email@example.com
We are committed to nurturing the talents of our team and encourage continuous development of skills and knowledge. We provide regular in-house training to ensure skills are aligned with our business growth and diversification. We also encourage our team to undertake training off-site and work with a variety of providers to ensure the best quality training is provided.
Q.I.T.E. also provides a career path for staff, actively encouraging progression within our organisation. If you want to challenge yourself and pursue a career, then Q.I.T.E. provides an environment for you to achieve your goals.
Q.I.T.E. recognises the benefits of a work/life balance, which ultimately leads to our employees being able to enjoy an optimal quality of life:
- We want people to be effective,
- We are committed to having an energised work environment where people are motivated and enthusiastic about their roles, and
- We understand that people have obligations outside work and we accommodate those needs by providing flexible work options including casual, part time or full time employment, with 5 weeks annual leave for our part time and full time staff.
- We also provide IT support for our staff in their relevant position.
As a not-for-profit organisation, Q.I.T.E. is able to provide salary packaging to all full-time and part time employees. Salpac has been commissioned to manage this and will make arrangements to discuss this option with you on site. More information regarding salary packaging can be found at www.salpac.com.au